You have a car.
1. Please do not say that you’re not really that picky about what you are looking for in a person you’d date when you do not want to date the person you are talking to.
2. Why does everything go wrong at 4:59? At approximately 4:59 on Monday our website crashed. Turned out to be a blown power circuit at the hosting facility. This meant I stayed at work until after six when it went back up. I actually don’t mind the staying late…I honestly didn’t want to leave if I knew there was a problem. That felt good to know I do care so much. What I hated was that I was helpless and couldn’t do anything about it except to wait around for the design company to get it back up. I just hate feeling helpless.
On top of that my plane home from Las Vegas had landed late and so I didn’t get to bed until 3am the night before, I forgot to bring my key/bathroom key so avoided coffee/coke/my intense caffeine addiction all day so as to not have to bother anyone for a bathroom key and be let back into the office, and when I finally broke down to get a Coke at 5:45, the machine ate my dollar. Needless to say I was tired and grumpy at this point.
During this time MattyK asked me to go get financial coffee, but I asked him if it would be OK to just go get friend coffee. I know he hates putting aside work time for play time, but I was in a bad mood and just wanted to chillax and talk. Luckily he agreed so we met at Starbucks. I showed him all my Vegas pics and he laughed at the pinkness of my computer (I’d forgotten that he’s never actually seen it). It was a good night of just talking and drinking coffee because we haven’t really just hung out together in a long long while now and I miss that. Hopefully he’ll put aside some work time to chill with me more often
An amusing quote from Matt: Maybe I’m vehicularly gay.
3. a 2am phone conversation
Him: Did you just call?
Him: Did you hang up on me?
Him: Wait, you know I answered and you hung up on me?
Me: I heard you answer but I was already in the process of closing the phone.
Him: And you didn’t call me back?
Me: I didn’t want to call you because I don’t want to call you too much.
Him: Well, that is good. But this time you actually had something to talk about.
4. Last night I went out with Joshua to the gym. I wore a shirt that said “Official Fan of the World Hamburger Eating Championship” and watched food network (I did debate watching MTV’s Return to Fat Camp though) while on the treadmill. I’m what you might call ironic.
5. Microsoft Word is weird. I did a spell check it decided that “Joe came…” was not correct and decided that maybe I meant “Joe camel…”
6. Blake Lewis’s album is out! Dare I say that this will be the first American Idol CD I ever purchase??? Heather and I should have a dance party.
7. Humble Bob posted some of my pics from Krystal Square Off. He rocks!
8. Reason #5,689,890 that I should not be allowed to shop alone: Pink Illini Jersey! p.s. I also found the mecca for pink ties 😉 Just sayin.
9. Despite the fact that I already owned it on DVD from the first time it came out, I bought the new box set of My So Called Life because that show was so quintessentially me. Honestly I don’t think I would have ever been so adamant about dying my hair if it wasn’t for Angela Chase. But you know you’re getting older when you feel more and more sorry for Brian Krakow. Honestly though, I am still searching for my Jordan Catalano.
10. I’ve posted a few entries over at Silly America. You should read them, and subscribe to the RSS feed!
heatherDecember 8, 2007at5:24 pm
i’m already ready for campaign blake y2k8.