1. I think I have found my true calling in life: making MySpace pages. I did this one for work and everyone gave me a brava for it. 🙂
2. My two worlds collide: Opera based on horror film The Fly is in production.
3. My other two worlds collide: Spike TV to telecast 4 competitive eating programs this year. (what I find funniest is that everyone’s first reaction to me showing them that link is ‘there’s a website for competitive eating news?'” – yes there is, and I read it regularly)
4. Is it a bad sign that I only realized Lent was upon us by the amount of fish sandwich commercials I’ve been seeing?
5. My thoughts on Britney. Now, I never particularly liked Miss Spears, but at least at one point she looked like she could have a long future of fame and stardom based, if nothing else, on her looks and sex appeal. At one point though, something happened and she reverted to some white trash backtracking and seemed to be spiraling downwards from there. For those living in a cave, the weekend Britney shaved off all of her hair. I like celebrity gossip the way I like my TV, horribly bad…Personally I don’t even get how someone shaving their head has made news for days in a row. I for one completely understand that desire, as I often feel like taking a razor to my scalp when my hair seems like it will never be as nice as I know it could be (but then I come to my senses and realize that I don’t want to be bald). There is one thing, though, that really irks me about this story. After shaving her head, Brit went and got herself some tattoos. While I have not seen pictures of them, the description sounds like horrible cheesy straight-off-the-wall flash. Despite the fact that that is bothersome in itself, it is not the point that I am troubled over. In each article I’ve seen, the tattoo-shop employees are quoted as saying that she looked agitated, distraught, disengaged. That she seemed out of it. My beef with this is that no reputable studio would tattoo someone in that condition. Tattoos are permanent (I guess though that she has enough money to have them removed…). A reputable shop should turn away business to someone who doesn’t seem like they are in a coherent state of mind. Heck, even the hair stylist wouldn’t touch her locks, and hair grows back (trust me). And that is my celebrity rant of the day.
6. 5 hours of American Idol this week. Heaven or hell?