Vanilla Pudding Shots Recipe
Vanilla pudding shots are as basic as you can get. They are the building block for all other pudding shot recipes so, once you master these, you can keep on going to discover all the possibilities in flavors.
Here’s the basic pudding shot recipe: whisk together a package of instant pudding (in this case, vanilla) with one cup of milk and one cup of alcohol of your choice (I like Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or RumChata). Whisk for about two minutes until thicker and thoroughly combined.
Are they looking a little thin? Alcohol doesn’t have the same viscosity as milk so it tends to thin these sweet shots out. The solution? Cool whip!
If your vanilla pudding shots are looking a little thin, just fold in some Cool Whip (or any frozen whipped topping) until they are the consistency you desire.
Now that you have the basic vanilla pudding shot recipe down, you can start experimenting! I find inspiration for different tastes from all kinds of sources, from my favorite Starbucks drinks to my favorite desserts to my favorite cocktails.
Love Buttery Nipple shots? Substitute butterscotch pudding and butterscotch schnapps.
Is strawberry cheesecake your favorite dessert? Use cheesecake flavored pudding and Strawberries & Cream Baileys.
Can’t get enough Oreos? Try Cookies ‘N Cream pudding and birthday cake vodka.
The possibilities are endless!
Vanilla Pudding Shots
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or RumChata
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz.)
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping (½ an 8oz. carton)
- Pour vanilla pudding mix into a medium mixing bowl. Slowly pour in milk while whisking with a wire whisk until combined.
- While continuing to whisk, add Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or RumChata to the bowl. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, until combined and soft.
- Fold in up to half a container of frozen whipped topping until thoroughly combined with desired consistency.
- Immediately spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.