Too much talk of LA…
1. “If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I’m neurotic as hell. I’ll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.” Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar
2. I came across this picture while searching through my old laptop. I quite like it…well, other than the fact that my socks look kind of dumb. It’s from the same photo shoot as the photos at the top of this website. I don’t think it’s ever been posted, so I choose to post it now.
3. I have been really antsy and aloof and unmotivated at work lately. I came to a realization today that may explain why: I am at about the point in this job where I quit my last job. In a few months, since I have no intentions of quitting this job any time soon, I will have been at this job longer than any job I have ever had. Unless I get fired for being antsy and aloof and unmotivated of course. It’s an odd feeling. I hopefully will snap out of it very soon.
4. Dear chain coffee houses. Take a hint from the little guys and invest in a package of these thick stickers:
They probably cost 2cents a piece, but sticking one over the lip of the coffee saves me from spilling it all over myself as I walk down the street.
5. When Jeff tried to insult me by saying I could find something at valsmom.com I was reminded of this website I threw together a long long time ago. I had to dig through my old computer to find it, it doesn’t all work. But it’s kind of hilarious if I do say so myself.
6. Am I the only person in this world who couldn’t care less about the Olympics? In case you are wondering though, this is what Michael Phelps eats for breakfast. I usually just have coffee.
7. I was watching a wedding show on TV last night. The guy had found the girl’s blog and fell in love with her and pestered her through email until she agreed to meet him. They fell in love and then got married on a TV show. What are the chances of this happening to me?