The worst that can happen is you get four shots of espresso…
1. Saturday I got up early and went to work. I got there by 9am. The Starbucks was closed. I am sure there were a million open but I didn’t want to go to a different one. I got a Dunkin Donuts Latte. I then worked until about 4. The best thing about the day was that at least some friends from ticketing were working so I could go bother them a bit. And Ron brought me a Pez dispenser! From the “biblical story” Kung Fu Panda. My desk is beginning to look like his.
2. Saturday night I came home from work and sat at my computer and worked until about 1am. I am really being too anal and nitpicky and spending way too much time on things no one else cares about. But I guess that is what I am paid to do.
3. I have determined that the only way to work from home is to have a movie playing that you have already seen and kind of like but not love. If there is no movie, it is too quiet. If it is a really good movie you pay too much attention. If there is nothing good on you will flip stations uncontrollably for hours. If it is porn you really can’t concentrate on work at all.
4. I probably should keep my external hard drive somewhere where I won’t constantly drop it.
5. I went in to Starbucks to get some caffeine to keep me working. I ordered a grande espresso truffle. Dude at the counter after making it says “I don’t remember if I put an coffee in this. He then gave me two more shots and said “The worst that can happen is you get four shots of espresso.” I am very very buzzed right now. Good thing I will need to be up all night working. Because I am definitely not sleeping any time soon.