Strawberry Pudding Shots Recipe
This strawberry pudding shots recipe makes a creamy dessert with a boozy punch. The pink pudding shots make for a fun alcoholic dessert for a weekend party, a Valentine’s Day dinner (personally, I made them for a Valentine’s Day pot luck), a Galentine’s Day brunch with friends, or a spring Fourth of July picnic (you can even make them red white and blue by layering them with vanilla pudding shots and blueberries.)
This recipe is made with the standard pudding shot ratios, taking the directions from the back of your instant pudding mix, replacing half of the milk with alcohol and adding in some frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip) to thicken it up. I used Sonic brand Strawberry Shake flavored instant pudding because it’s what I could find in the grocery store, but Jell-O Strawberry Creme pudding would work too, if you can find that. I used Baileys’ Strawberries and Cream alcohol in my strawberry pudding shot recipe, but since it’s a “limited edition” flavor, it might not always be available. But no worries if you can’t find one or the other.
If you can’t find instant strawberry pudding mix, try using vanilla pudding with Strawberries and Cream Baileys’ (or even strawberry flavored vodka). If you can’t find Strawberries and Cream Baileys’ try mixing strawberry pudding mix with original Baileys’. The great thing about pudding shots is that you can always mix and match flavors to your taste. Plus, you can go simple, by using the recipe as is, or fancy, by adding toppings or layering them with other flavored puddings.
For this recipe, you can eat these shots as is, or mix it up by topping them with some whipped cream, chocolate sauce, or real strawberry slices. If you’re looking for something even more impressive, this recipe also serves as the base for my Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Shots and Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pudding Shots.
Strawberry Pudding Shots
- 1 3 oz. package strawberry instant pudding (I used Sonic Strawberry Shake flavored instant pudding)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Strawberries & Cream Baileys'
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping (½ an 8oz. carton)
- Pour strawberry pudding mix into a medium mixing bowl. Slowly pour milk and Strawberries & Cream Baileys over the pudding mix and stir to combine. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, until combined and soft. Add up to half a container of frozen whipped topping until thoroughly combined with desired consistency.
- Immediately spoon into serving dishes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.