Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois.

Park It: Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm, Bromann Park, and more…

A weekend at Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm, Statesville Haunted Prison, Bromann Playlot Park (named after me, obviously), and a BBQ…


Saturday: Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm

Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois.

Saturday I hit up Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois with the girls…Adam counts as one of the girls because he carries a purse.

Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois.

There were tons of super neat things to do like pig races, hayrack rides, singing chickens and a petting zoo.

We went to a little haunted house…Adam and I managed to get completely lost in it and accidentally left through the wrong exit. Oops. Jenny didn’t make it past the door.

We saw the absolutely most inappropriate witch statue thing ever.

Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois.

Seriously, it kind of just held its broom pole with both hands and vibrated. And then from the back all you saw was the broom head with smoke coming out. Now that’s creepy.

We saw lots of animals including a Zedonk and kangaroo. The kangaroo was sleeping so the kids around us just started throwing their carrots on top of it to try to wake it up.

Then we searched out the perfect pumpkins in the pumpkin patch. Adam and Jenny looked around until they found the perfect one…but then found an even perfecter one. Nadia just wanted a baby one. I chose this one…

Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois.

simply because I liked the curlycue funny stem. I go for character over perfection and always choose the curly stemmed pumpkins 🙂

Bengtson's Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois.

More photos from Bengtson’s Pumpkin Farm in Homer Glen, Illinois:



Saturday Night: Statesville Haunted Prison

After the farm I bid adiue to the girls and headed off to Statesville Haunted Prison. I didn’t bother to invite Nadis or Jen because I figured their answer would be no anyways.

Of course, I got there way before anyone else, so I staked a place in line. The plan was to be there a half hour before it opened and I was already pretty far along in line. Finally Joe and Alina showed up and then Emily and her crew.

After paying our $30 admission (yes, I said $30) we went in…and then Emily realized that she’d forgotten one of her friends was still coming. Luckily for only $10 more dude with megaphone let him bypass that first line. Yes, I said first line. After getting chased by really scary stilt man we headed off to yet another line…where we proceeded to wait. All in all we were in line for about three hours. Yes, I said three hours. A bunch of scary dudes came around being all scary like and a dude with a chainsaw was chasing people around. At first they were scarier, but after three hours you just kind of got used to them. We did however see chainsaw guy chase people to the point of one running into the rope fence and another guy falling, somersaulting and his friend then tripping over him. Hilarity. At least chainsaw man was nice and helped them to their feet.

At one point I totally almost made out with a zombie because he started wagging his tongue at me so I just started doing it back.

Finally we made our way to the front and then were carted off into a prison cell. Then we were brought into the prison. It was the scariest haunted house I have ever been to. But also totally cool. There were a bunch of people per room and some of the rooms were basically pitch black and sometimes you felt like you were in a car wash and had to squeeze between foamy rubber walls and sometimes you had to crouch down really small to squeeze through the rooms. And there were killer klowns from outer space.

Emily, Emily’s friend who I can’t remember the name of for the life of me, and I made a little chain of holding onto each other’s sweatshirts.

It was totally awesome though.

When we got out the line was about 5 million times longer and considering it took us three hours we figure those who were there will get in at about Christmas…



Sunday: Bromann Playlot Park

Sunday afternoon I met up with Alina at her apartment. We grabbed some sandwiches and headed over to Bromann Playlot Park in Uptown.

Bromann Playlot Park in Chicago, Illinois.

So, I had no idea that this place even existed until about a year ago when I googled my last name, despite the fact that it’s apparently been around since the 70s. I’d never been and Alina wasn’t too far so we decided to go!

Basically I think Bromann Park was named after a relative from “the other side” of the family. You can read some of the history here.

It’s a really cute little park. Although I think they just redid it, so I am curious as to what it looked like before. There was a little swing set and a little play thingymabob and some picnic tables. Alina and I had some girl talk and ate our sandwiches. It was a funfun afternoon and I still can’t believe I have a park named after me Shush you, it was named after ME!!! :- )

More photos of Bromann Playlot Park:



Sunday Night: BBQ with MattyK

Later MattyK had some people over to his house for BBQ and Top Gear watching and rafting photo viewing. MK took like 4 pictures. I guess I balanced it out with my 200+ 🙂

I had steak but made a sandwich out of it. He didn’t yell at me for turning the steak he worked so hard on making into a sandwich but said it was a good idea. 🙂

I have not seen Top Gear in like three years because I am never invited over to watch it. It was funny because they redid the make a car work on both land and sea experiment and actually made it to France! It was funny. I said that already.

I had ice cream in my coffee but MK would not let me have it in my wine.

Then I made him play me Rhapsody in Blue and My Funny Valentine.

Then I left.

Then I went to bedzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Learn on Skillshare

Affiliate Link

Hi, I'm Val. I spent most of my 20s in a standstill, unable to pick which path in life I wanted to take. I wanted the nomadic life of a traveler but also wanted the husband, the condo, and the kitten. Unable to decide which life I wanted more, I did nothing. When I turned 30 I’d had enough of putting my life on hold and decided to start “choosing my figs.” So, I quit my job, bought a one-way ticket to Europe, and traveled for three years. Now I'm back in Chicago, decorating my apartment in all the teal, petting my cats, and planning my next adventure.

Post a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.