Of tacos and keg stands and buses and horses…
Major League Eating soft taco eating contest.
Here’s Saturday night at the Major League Eating soft taco eating contest in ten items or less…
1. Took a party bus with Tim, Pat, Erik, Nate et.al. out to Crete for a taco eating contest! I was surprised when it pulled up because I was pretty much expecting a small bus-like-thing…but this thing was huge! And they loaded a keg onto it…
2. The contest was at Balmoral Park, so we also got to watch the horse races. I didn’t bet though. And the people who ride the horses there don’t actually ride the horses. They just sit behind them in a weird contraption. It worked out well though because my assignment for the week in my photography class is capturing motion. And horses tend to move.
3. The soft taco eating contest was awesome. And short. Pat Bertoletti won. Tim Gravy Brown came in second. Erik Denmark third, Nate Biller fourth. There was a news guy and two amateurs too. They didn’t come close. It looked like Tim could have taken it at one point. But in the end Pat finished first.
4. Tim wore all pink (yay!) but then put cheese sauce all over himself.
5. After the contest we hung out around Balmoral some more. Food. Drinks. Etc. Sage stole my camera. 🙁 No one is allowed to use my camera but me! It is worth more than everything else I own combined!
6. On the way home, Tim and all of them decided that I needed to do a keg stand. A keg stand of a moving bus. They chanted for me. I gave in and did it. I have never done a keg stand before and think I lasted about 7 seconds. Hey, its 7 seconds longer than I’ve ever done before!
7. Everyone else did much longer keg stands. Like 90 seconds long. I can’t drink 90 seconds worth of beer on one week let alone in 90 seconds.
8. After the contest we headed back to Black Rock and hung out. It was crowded. I got a bunch of free drinks.
9. I didn’t throw up. Just sayin’.
10. I took lots of pictures. Of course.
More photos from the Major League Eating soft taco eating contest: