My active imagination is ruining me.
1. Pop Quiz, choose the answer to this sentence…
I am an adult so I…
a) know that milkshakes are full of unnecessary calories.
b) can get milkshakes whenever I want to because I can.
2. Last Thursday I met up with Chelsa and Stephanie to go see the Chicago Composers Orchestra’s first concert. It was a good performance and very interesting as it was all modern orchestral music by local composers. And one was based on the periodic table of elements. Beforehand we got Greek food. I had Orange Roughy in a tomato sauce.
3. Monday night I went to see Mat improv at the Playground. The show was funny but the guy in the first group held his mimed camera wrong. Afterwards we went to a bar with everyone and then he took my home on his motorcycle and I screamed the whole way especially when he took a speed bump at full speed and I was afraid that a car would come out of nowhere and hit us and that he would die because he wasn’t wearing a helmet.
4. Monday Chelsa was back at work so we went to the French Market for lunch. We went to Saigon Sisters and got Vietnamese sandwiches which was good because I’ve been watching the Great Food Truck Race on Food Network and there is a truck on there that sells them so it made me want to try them. I got the Porky which was made with pork belly and was delicious.
5. I made a frittata.
6. I will not talk about food for the rest of this entry.
7. Me in the mirror
8. I saw a car with a license plate that said “valry 13” which was weird because I sometimes spell my name like that and 13 is my favorite number.
9. You know those cards they sometimes give you at restaurants with a number so they know who to give the food to? 96 and 69 should not be used because they are confusing.
11. I watched Cabin Fever 2 the other day. Why was Rider Strong a top billed actor if he was only in it for the first 2 minutes? Why did it turn into a cartoon at the end? Why was it made?
12. I am debating between one of these cameras…thoughts?
13. Heather put on the Bachelorette finale (a show which neither of us watch) and then let the room. So.. in the Bachelor a guy picks a girl and proposes…and in the Bachelorette the girl chooses a guy and hopes he proposes to her? What?
14. There is no Krystal Square Off this year 🙁
15. Val: is that your new job or are you picking up really young prostitutes?
Mat: Picking up young prostitutes IS my new job.
16. I saw someone order an iced raspberry white mocha soy topped americano and then put cinnamon in it. Weirdest Starbucks order ever.
17. Until you work in a job where you send mass emails you don’t understand the extent to which people hit reply instead of forward.
18. I think I am a sleep cage fighter. Because the amount of bruises and cuts on my body when I wake up can’t be explained any other way.
19. I didn’t hear from Mat in a week and freaked out thinking that I would never hear from him again. And then I thought he might be dead. Or in jail. I don’t know where jail came from, that’s a new one for me.
20. Irrational fear of the day: I hate using big sharp knives because I am afraid of cutting out my tongue…