Memorial Day Weekend in Decatur, Michigan
This weekend was three-day weekend #1. I have five more three-day weekends and two four-day weekends ahead of me this summer. And I plan to fill them all!
Here was my Memorial Day Weekend in Decatur, Michigan in ten items or less:
1. Friday night I met up with Nadia for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Despite the fact that they have the most extensive menu ever we both ended up ordering the same chicken dish (Chicken Costoletta). We got different cheesecakes though. I got the carrot cake cheesecake (YUM) and probably immediately gained back the five pounds I lost from walking around Amsterdam.
2. Saturday morning I left for Emily’s lake house to spend Memorial Day Weekend in Decatur, Michigan. Three strangers picked me up in the fun-vee. Weirdest coincidence ever: the guy who was driving happed to live right across the alley from me. Crazy.
3. Due to every possible thing-gone-wrong possible we didn’t get to take the boat out. 🙁 But that’s OK. It was a damn relaxing weekend. And I didn’t have to try to brave tubing 🙂
4. Luther is the cutest dog ever. Whenever there is a dog around half my photos are of him.
5. Ian still refuses to let me take a photo of “the face.” Whenever there is an Ian around half my photos are of him.
6. Despite the fact that there was no sacrificial lamb, Tyler’s burgers were damn tasty. Especially when topped with ketchup, cheese, a fried egg, and burnt bacon. Did you know that you can grill bacon? You do now.
7. Floating on an inner tube, drinking a cherry wheat, and soaking up the sun = heavenly.
8. Sunburnt knees = not so heavenly.
9. da da. da da. Nope…no sharks in the lake!
10. “Ian made my crotch all wet!” Ian kept picking fights with me and throwing water balloons at me. He clocked me in the head twice and the lower regions once. Thanks to Tyler’s obsession with my camera I’ve got a great photo of a water balloon exploding on my skull:
The weekend was tons of fun and incredibly relaxing (which was much needed). Can’t wait to crash Em’s lake house again 🙂