Lipton Iced Tea: It’s not for Everyone
1. Mat always complains that I use the term “improv” incorrectly. For instance I will say “I’m going to watch you improv tonight.” Which, apparently, is a completely wrong usage of the word. You can watch improv but you watch people improvise. Which, personally, I think is silly. So one day he told me to just use “improvate,” and he said it didn’t matter how I used it because it’s a made up word. So, cut to Sunday night, while watching Middle Age Comeback, the dude on stage actually used “improvating” in a sentence. And it was weird.
2. So Sunday night was Mat’s last 5b performance at the io. Tears. It was a fun show because on the last night of things people seem to go a little crazy. Like the guy in Mat’s group who showed up wearing a red woman’s tank top and smeared red lipstick. Or the other group who had everyone making out with everyone else. Afterwards we went to the pizza and dance party for a bit then to watch Middle Age Comeback and 3033. Then back to the pizza and dance party. Then I walked home alone because I refused to get on his motorcycle.
3. I was wondering how I possibly got so behind on my credit card bill. And then I found a month old paycheck that I never cashed and didn’t realize I had. One of these days I will get around to signing up for direct deposit that I was supposed to sign up for 3 years ago.
4. Being both a homebody and a nomad makes making life decisions difficult.
5. Dear Greenpeace dudes, you’re so hot. But you have way too much conviction for me. I could never be with someone with a solid belief system.
6. I saw a homeless man on the street that had this sign: Girlfriend captured by ninjas. Need money for kung fu lessons.
7. Two nights in a row now I have been woken up at 4am to techno music, yelling, and what can only be described as the sound of a bookshelf full of bowling balls falling over from the guys upstairs.
8. Saturday afternoon was 24 at Jen and Glen’s place. 24 is somehow getting both better and worse and I am glad that it is done with after this season. Every season is the same. There was food.
9. Saturday night Chelsa and Kristi and I went to Fado for some Irish food and 80s music.
My lamb French Dip was delicious.
And the band was fun, although I will never understand the people who get that into a cover band…like the dude who kept jumping up on stage…
And, for the record, I don’t know every 80s song ever but I am very good at pretending that I do.
10. I’m always living two steps ahead. And that has got to stop.