In no particular order.
1. Chelsa and I went to see Pontypool at midnight at Music Box. I had seen the ending at Music Box Massacre but had missed the beginning because I was at Jen’s bachelorette party. It was a pretty awesome movie. But seeing the beginning didn’t necessarily make the ending make any more sense 🙂
2. Eric was in a play! It was called Alone Together and was in someone’s condo. It was cool and odd because the guy converted his apartment into a theater and used his living room and kitchen as the set. Eric didn’t suck.
3. Chelsa and I went to see Bruckner 9 at CSO. It was my first time at CSO and it was beautiful. Afterwards we went to Rhapsody and got the “special” on some wine from a bartender who is friends with Mat. Although his friend thought I was a total lightweight and crazy because I was pretty much drunk after two glasses of wine…
4. Brian called me because he was wandering the streets of Chicago and was pretty much outside my apartment. So we went to the Starbucks on the corner and caught up a bit and he got hot chocolate and I got a caramel brulee latte.
5. Chelsa made chicken noodle soup and we watched Year 1…which was pretty awful. The movie. Not the soup.
6. I went to Renegade Craft Fair to do a little holiday shopping. It was fun and I got a few things but the problem is that everything that is really nice is way expensive and there are a lot of not so good crafts. I texted Mat because it was right near where he lives and he came over and met me. We walked around a bit and then left and went back to his place to watch some Three Stooges and play Mario Kart. I came in second!…on the first game…then I sucked it up on the rest of the rounds and mostly didn’t finish.
7. Heather and I like to get Guatemalan food and get pitchers or half pitchers of margaritas. Delicious.
8. I went to a wine tasting at WineStyles for the first time in forever. Then we went back to MK’s to watch Top Gear but I fell asleep.
9. Chelsa and some others and I went to see midnight Star Trek improv at the io. We got Ians first and I had my favorite steak and bbq sauce and french fry pizza. Star Trek improv was good but not amazing. One guy kept laughing at everything he was saying. It was a different form of improv than most of the stuff they do there because they all had characters that they all played and improved a Star Trek episode based on their characters.
10. JenPl and Andrew were in town so they met up at my place (along with Alina and JoeJoe and Glen) and we headed to Frasca for some dinner and then the Moon for drinks. There we discovered the amazing wonder that is Crispin cider. Seriously, best bottled drink ever. Ever.
11. Mat came by and he brought some wine and I made him a quesadilla that he said tasted like a grilled cheese sandwich. I gave him his Christmas present and he asked why I didn’t bring myself one from beneath my tree and I said they were all for other people. He said “Even the purple one?” and I didn’t know what he meant but then he had hidden a present for me under my tree! So I told him that I then felt bad because I didn’t think he’d get me anything so I didn’t get him anything good 🙂 But he got me a travel journal which is very pretty and nice and it’s kind of like a blog but made out of paper. And he liked the bicycle bell I got for him 🙂 And then we watched Pirates of the Caribbean because I had never seen it and its one of his favorite movies. Actually we started to watch Repo! The Genetic Opera but neither of us could get into it. So we watched Pirates instead.