IAkm ok$ drugs make me skeepy
1. Seriously. I think of everything in terms of food. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for today because on day three after getting my wisdom teeth removed I am allowed “soft foods” which is way more substance than the pudding and ice cream diet I was on yesterday. Don’t get me wrong, I love pudding and ice cream. But sometimes a girl needs more! So I was excited this morning to make some scrambled eggs…even though I don’t normally eat breakfast, but I wanted real food!
And then for lunch I made a giant bowl of mashed potatoes…
…because mashed potatoes are the greatest thing ever. 🙂
Oh and I’m back at work.
2. I went out to get dinner the other day, the soup of the day was “potatoe.”
4. Teriyaki tilapia with stir-fry vegetables.
5. This weekend Mat came over and we watched Sunset Boulevard and drank wine. We chose a sweet Illinois wine that I loved but Mat hated. I think the liquor store lady thinks we’re dating. I also think the cat is a good little cockblocker because he will sit in between us and bite me while we watched a movie.
6. Mat: I like your globe. Val: It’s a map. Globes go on a table. Mat: So if we put that on a table it would be a globe by your logic.
7. Val: I cleaned today. Mat: Your apartment or yourself? Val: Both!
8. The other day on How I Met Your Mother they had an episode about the “baggage” people have, like getting left at the altar and such. At the end they did a scene that showed everyone with suitcases with their “baggage” written on it…and one of the most prominent ones was “Cubs Fan.” And I laughed and laughed.
9. Sunday afternoon I went to see Chelsa’s choir concert. It was a lot of fun! She even had a wonderful solo! Afterwards we went to Duke of Perth and I got delicious fish and chips and a hard cider.
10. Lee and Crystal! Lee and Crystal! I am kind of excited for the finale of Idol next week…and not just because it will finally be OVER. I first picked Lee to win because Crystal was the favorite and there is always an upset. But over the weeks I’ve liked him more and more, and not totally because he’s from the Chicago area 🙂 Although there still hasn’t been a big “moment” for any of them yet. Let’s hope for a really strong showing next week!
|1||Lee Dewyze||Lee Dewyze||Lee Dewyze|
|2||Crystal Bowersox||Crystal Bowersox||Siobhan Magnus|
|3||Siobhan Magnus||Michael Lynche||Crystal Bowersox|
|4||Casey James||Siobhan Magnus||Michael Lynche|
|5||Didi Benami||Didi Benami||Casey James|
|6||Andrew Garcia||Casey James||Aaron Kelly|
|7||Michael Lynche||Andrew Garcia||Didi Benami|
|8||Tim Urban||Tim Urban||Katie Stevens|
|9||Katie Stevens||Katie Stevens||Tim Urban|
|10||Aaron Kelly||Aaron Kelly||Andrew Garcia|
|11||Paige Miles||Paige Miles||Paige Miles|
|12||Lacey Brown||Lacey Brown||Lacey Brown|
PINK = still in it
DARK PINK = kicked out
ORANGE = third place
YELLOW = second place
GREEN = first place