How to celebrate one year on the road.
Celebrating one year of traveling in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
1. Wake up in a guy’s bed. Have some pretty nice sex.
2. Get breakfast with your guy and some of his friends. Again talk about the differences between British and American English.
3. Eat ice cream.
5. Hop on a minibus for a 4 hour ride.
6. Get so nauseous from the 762 turns between Pai and Chiang Mai that you end up puking your ice cream up all over yourself on the bus. Seriously. All. Over. Yourself. On your jeans. On your shirt. On your purse.
7. Clean up in the bathroom when the bus stops at a rest stop but then sit for another two hours covered in smelly, pukey, wet clothes. Totally embarrassed to face any of the other passengers.
8. Check back into one of your favorite hostels ever.
9. Take a shower. Smell less pukey.
10. Meet Sean, who you know from Twitter. Drink whiskey. Or is it rum?
11. Get dinner with some new friends and old new friends. Eat a lot.
12. Go back to the hostel. Drink some beer. Drink some brandy. It won the International Food Europe Award, you know.
13. Get wished “happy birthday” a lot. A lot.
14. Play pool with Sean. Realize you both suck so badly that you have to abandon any semblance of real rules.
15. Win said pool game, but only because Sean scratched sinking the 8 ball. We apparently kept that rule in place.
16. Almost break Sean’s iPodPhone.
17. Lose miserably at darts. And lose a dart.
18. Lose miserably at bear/ninja/cowboy. That’s a game, you know.
19. Make an amazing infomercial for Thailand’s finest brandy. It won the International Food Europe Award, you know.