Food for thought.
Things I've been cooking lately.
1. I made the best B.A.T. Sandwich (Bacon, avocado, tomato — I don’t do lettuce) ever. Ever I say! It was made with toasted country bread, mayo, bacon, avocado, and fire roasted tomatoes. It was pretty amazing.
2. Brussels sprouts, potatoes, and bacon. Seriously, everything is better with bacon!
3. I had some frozen cod so I made a couple of dishes. I wasn’t too happy with either of them. Cod might not be the best fish when it’s not fried and doused with vinegar…
Cod with avocado salsa and cod with white wine sauce.
4. Huevos rancheros. ‘Nuff said. (Actually, not enough said: this was probably the first time ever that I’ve been able to make an actual sunny side up egg that didn’t run or become scrambled. Mission. Accomplished.)
5. I roasted a whole chicken. All for myself. But it’s OK, because I got about a week’s worth of dinners out of it.
JadeMarch 7, 2011at9:32 am
OMG- please come to my house and make everything listed above. First- that BAT sandwich- and that avocado on cod- i’m dying!
ValMarch 7, 2011at1:27 pm
I will gladly make you either if I end up at your house some day!