Oscar Night in ten items or less…
1. I went to JoeW and Meredith’s place to watch the Oscars. I can’t remember the last time I’ve watched the Oscars. I also can’t remember a time when I’d seen so many of the nominated movies. I’d seen TWO!
2. I actually saw the winning movie! That is the first one since 2003. (I have only seen fifteen of the winners total.)
3. I love Joe and Meredith’s bathroom because it looks like a hotel.
4. I totally am in love with the main guy from Slumdog Millionaire. He’s so cute!
5. I absolutely HATED what they did with the dead people montage. They kept cutting away to show the singer and the names were tiny on a pretty big TV, I can’t imagine how small everything was on a normal TV!
6. I am still, for some reason, enamored with Anne Hathaway’s hair.
7. I don’t mind asymmetry so long as a random boxy strap isn’t just added for no reason at all.
8. Joe and Meredith made chicken salad and meatball sandwiches. I didn’t eat the meatballs on a sandwich for fear of dropping it all over me. Joe didn’t take that advice…
The rest of my life in 10 items or less…
1. I need to pack for the weekend. Gonna try to stuff everything into a carry on so I don’t have to pay to check a bag (damned airlines!) But last time I went for 2 nights to a wedding I packed more than I took to Amsterdam for a week. This also means I need to do laundry.
2. Jeff thought I had done up my makeup for that last picture of me. No, I just was practicing Photoshopping (and not doing such a great job of it) 🙂
3. Phrase typed with my fingers in the correct spots, not looking at the keyboard:
I need to lwaen to tupe correcrky so I son:t look lolw an isopt.
Same phrase typed with 2 fingers, not looking at the keyboard, in a fourth of the time:
I need to learn to type correctly so I don’t look like an idiot.
4. It’s been going around that bacon is over. I disagree.
5. So apparently there is a drug that will grow eyelashes. I am partially intrigued because I have no eyelashes on half of one of my eyes. Seriously. But part of me feels like I wouldn’t be me if I had eyelashes. And I don’t really want hair growing on the rest of my lid (I am messy). And I don’t even take aspirin when I have a headache so why would I want some drug doing weird things to my body. And I don’t want my eye to fall out.
6. I hate sitting here watching all of my money disappear. My mutual funds are down over $5,200. I know everyone says it’s “long term” but its not. I don’t want to save away all my money for retirement. I want to live life now and that possibility is dwindling fast. I told my financial planner when I started that in three years I wanted to either put a down payment on a condo or backpack for a year. He said this would be good. I KNOW these things are volatile and that there is no assurance, but that is almost three months salary for me and I feel like the more I lose the harder it is going to be to get it back. I don’t even look at my 401k because I am sure all my money that is going into that is gone. I just wish he had said to put it in a CD or something. But he probably wouldn’t have gotten commission from that.
7. Fish Sandwich!
8. Tie on a kitty!
9. Tonight was 24 night. I can’t watch House. They spend entirely too much time in a hospital on that show. 24 was awesome. It reached the point I knew was coming though (minor spoiler): the episode where for a second everything is shiny and nice and then you find out that the last eight hours had absolutely nothing to do with what the season is actually about.
10. Grease 2 is one of the finest movies ever made. It was seriously one of my favorite movies as a kid. I basically thought it was Grease and didn’t know about the original until years later in life.