Fantasy of the Cuckoos Nest
1. Dallas is winning the race against Charlottesville for places to visit. They have several muffler men and the World’s Largest Patio Chair. Although the Patio Chair comes nowhere close to the World’s Largest Rocking Chair…I base all of my travel decisions on who has the largest what.
2. Last Wednesday Chelsa and I went for some Turkish food at Cafe Orchid. I had the Uskudar which tasted kind of like eggplant parmesan if you substituted lamb for the mozzarella. Delicious!
3. Friday night we had a ticketing department field trip to see Eric’s mustache in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. His mustache was so awesome in the play! It played a very pivotal role.
It was also Matt’s last day at work. I was sad 🙁
We were all sad to see him go and happy for Eric’s mustache!
4. Saturday night I had to dress up all purdy and head off to a gala at work. Basically I had to follow around a photographer for two hours and take people’s names. Fun stuff, eh? I got to stay for the cabaret though, which was awesome. I mean, how often do you get to see Mark Delavan singing Johnny Cash and playing his guitar?
Afterwards I headed over to The Southern. Two weeks ago The Southern was Chaise Lounge. But then they closed and reopened. I was supposed to go on Thursday for their friends and family soft opening because Mat is a waiter there but then he told me they had too many people and I couldn’t go. Lame.
So I went on Saturday and it was more bar-y than restaurant-y now. But they had delicious peach martinis. I had three of them while I waited for Mat to get off work. Then some amaretto. 🙂
5. So, Valentines Day is Sunday. Sigh 🙁
All my secret admirers out there should feel free to send pink flowers to my Roscoe Village address…or to my work on Friday 😉