Chocolate Pudding Shots Recipe
This chocolate pudding shots recipe is perfect sweet treat with a kick to serve at parties as an alternative to those Jello shots we all know and love.
I’ve been making pudding shots for nearly ten years and love to experiment with different flavor combinations. I’ve made just about every variety you can think of from strawberry cheesecake to eggnog to oreo to peppermint mocha. But sometimes, you just need to go back to the basics.
This chocolate pudding shots recipe is the base recipe to use any time you want to make these sweet alcoholic treats. All you need to do is combine a package of instant pudding (in this case, chocolate flavored) and replace half the milk with alcohol. You can use any alcohol you want, and I encourage you to experiment, but my favorites are Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or RumChata.
Sometimes the alcohol makes the mixture a little thin. In that case just fold in some frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip) until you get the consistency you’re looking for.
Once you have this recipe down you can start experimenting. Try other basics like a vanilla pudding shot or find inspiration from your favorite cocktails, Jello shots, shots, coffee drinks, candy bars, desserts, or whatever else you can think of. Your ideas are only limited by what pudding flavors you can find in the baking aisle and what alcohols you can find at the liquor store.
Don’t forget to lick the bowl!
Chocolate Pudding Shots
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or RumChata
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding (3.4 oz.)
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping (½ an 8oz. carton)
- Pour chocolate pudding mix into a medium mixing bowl. Slowly pour in milk while whisking with a wire whisk until combined.
- While continuing to whisk, add Kahlúa, Baileys Irish Cream, or RumChata to the bowl. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, until combined and soft.
- Fold in up to half a container of frozen whipped topping until thoroughly combined with desired consistency.
- Immediately spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate until ready to serve.