Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pudding Shots Recipe
This post contains affiliate links from which I might make a commission off your clicks and/or purchases at no cost to you.
Chocolate covered strawberries have always been one of my favorite sweet treats. A sweet, juicy strawberry, coated in a hard shell of chocolate always gives you that fresh bite that’s just a little bit sinful. So when I was thinking of Valentine’s Day pudding shot recipes, one of the first ideas that popped into my mind was making chocolate covered strawberry pudding shots.
To make these pink pudding shots, you start with my basic strawberry pudding shot recipe, taking the directions from the back of your instant pudding mix, replacing half of the milk with alcohol (in this recipe, Baileys’ Strawberries and Cream) and adding in some frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip) to thicken it up.
I used Baileys’ Strawberries and Cream alcohol for my recipe, but since it’s a “limited edition” flavor, it might not always be available. If you can’t find it, try strawberry flavored vodka for a little more kick or mellow it out with some original Baileys’. I also used Sonic brand Strawberry Shake flavored instant pudding this time because that’s what was available at my grocery store, but Jell-O Strawberry Creme works just as well.
Where this recipe deviates from the original, is the topping: magic shell chocolate sauce. Once you’ve spooned your pudding into their serving dishes, top them with a thick little layer of magic shell chocolate sauce, and let it set. This gives you that little crunch you expect from a chocolate covered strawberry and is what turns these strawberry pudding shots into chocolate covered strawberry pudding shots.
You’ve got that fresh, creamy under layer topped with a crisp bite of chocolate. It’s delicious, a little bit sinful (or a lot, depending on how much alcohol you add…), it’s delicious and it’s the perfect treat for a Valentine’s Day dinner, party, or pot luck.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pudding Shots
- 1 3 oz. package strawberry instant pudding (I used Sonic Strawberry Shake flavored instant pudding)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Strawberries & Cream Baileys'
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping (½ an 8oz. carton)
- Magic Shell Chocolate Topping
- Pour strawberry pudding mix into a medium mixing bowl. Slowly pour milk and Strawberries & Cream Baileys over the pudding mix and stir to combine. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, until combined and soft. Add up to half a container of frozen whipped topping until thoroughly combined with desired consistency.
- Immediately spoon into serving dishes. Top each serving with a layer of magic shell chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set and you are ready to serve.