All Right Stop Collaborate and Listen
1. So, the other day a friend of mine (boy 1) tells me that him and another friend (boy 2) have decided that I should not get any more tattoos and that they make me less attractive and that guys don’t like tattoos on girls. This of course made me feel like complete crap and made me cry. I was really mad at them both especially since I kind of like boy 2 and I thought then that maybe one of the reasons he doesn’t like me back then is that I have a tattoo, which is a really crappy reason to not want to date someone. Turns out though that boy 1 was just imposing his own opinions on boy 2 and boy 2 had only said that he personally doesn’t like them and would never get one himself but said nothing of them making me ugly, which I understand. FYI, don’t tell your friend that anything about them makes them a less attractive person. It’s one thing to say it about a pair of pants or something that can be changed, but saying that my tattoo makes me less attractive is like saying that my eye color makes me less attractive, it’s not something I can or will change and it is such a part of me now (I’ve had it for five years this month) and I have never regretted it. And I do plan on getting another within the next year and if any boy doesn’t like me because I have tattoos he can go to hell.
2. I bought a dvd of “Giant Spider Invasion” today at the MicroCenter because it was only 99cents. Here is a snippet form the trivia section of IMDB: “In a scene depicting the “giant spiders” attacking a little league baseball game, the “spiders” are obviously Volkswagen Beetles with puppet legs attached. Tread marks from the VW’s tires can actually be seen in several camera angles.” Sounds like a winner! This brings the total of horror movies I own to 180.
3. You know you take too many photos when the woman at the store says “You take them glossy with borders, right?”
4. My sister is not engaged yet.
5. My dog tried to attack me again yesterday. Luckily he only latched onto my hair with his teeth and not my face like the last time. They should have put that thing to sleep last time I was sent to the emergency room but alas I think my parents love the dog more than they love me.
6. Do you ever hear the first few notes of “Under Pressure” on the radio and get really excited but then realize that it isn’t “Ice Ice Baby”?? Yeah, it probably is only me. Anyways, today they played “Ice Ice Baby” on the radio and I was so happy and refused to leave the car until the song was over.
7. Next week is my last scheduled vacation of the summer. I will be visiting Rob and co. in Virginia/Washington D.C. That is the last thing on scheduled events list, so I guess its about time I start applying for jobs. As soon as I find a job. Speaking of which, here’s a “Best Summer Ever” update because I haven’t done one in a while:
June 2: “Valerie’s Unemployed and Wants to Celebrate Celebration!”
June 5: Celebrating Scott’s b-day at Hugo’s
June 6: The Omen
June 7: Museum of Science and Industry
June 11: Jenny’s Surprise Wedding Shower
June 13: Rachel Cohn and David Levithan book reading
June 17-18: Barbecue in the Bend
June 22-26: European Vacation: Munich, Germany
June 26-27: Zurich & Interlaken, Switzerland
June 27-29: Venice, Italy
June 29-July 1: Florence, Italy
July 1-4: Rome, Italy
July 5-7: Vienna , Austria
July 7-9: Prague, Czech Republic
July 9-12: Paris, France
July 14: Jenny’s Bachelorette Party
August 15: Inline Insomniacs Chicago Skate
July 19-July 22: White Water Rafting & Camping
July 29: Venetian Night
July 30: New Buffalo Beach
August 11: Jenny’s Rehearsal Dinner
August 12: Jenny’s Wedding
August 24-28: Washington D.C./Virginia
Other things to do this year:
- Write a new resume, put together my portfolio, design a professional website, find a new job (and the have a Valerie’s Employed and Ready to Celebrate Celebration)
- Move out
- Get MattH (and whoever else) to watch 2001 Maniacs and Eraserhead with me. I’m waiting on him.
- Write the Great American Novel
- Go to Olive or Twist, 10 Pin, that restaurant/movie theater place, and Adobo Grill
- Go to Bromann Park
- Find a man
- Learn to snowboard
- Dye my hair 3 more colors (I’m determined to have 12 hair colors this year)
- See a roller derby bout
- Go Eagle Watching
- Perfect my hot chocolate recipe (not that it isn’t already the best ever)
- Apply for at least one reality show